Rearrange things?

Hi!

New user here. Super excited to try this out. I’ve been a Scrivener user for ages and really like how Shaxpir looks comparatively. Less clutter.

I do have a question though, is there a way to move the manuscript folder directly below the overview, and the linguistic, sentiment, etc folders down to the bottom? I tried dragging and dropping, but it didn’t work.

I’m on a PC. I’ll try on my Mac later today.

Claire

Hi Claire! Thanks for getting in touch.

Right now, the order of the top-level folders in a BOOK project are arranged in a fixed order (overview, linguistics, sentiment, export, synopsis, manuscript, notebook)…

As you build your manuscript and notebook, you can rearrange the chapters and notes into whatever hierarchy you prefer. But the fixed top-level elements can’t be rearranged.

It’s an interesting suggestion, though. I’ll give it some thought and see if it makes sense to incorporate into a future version of Shaxpir :slight_smile:

But thanks again for taking the time to ask. I really appreciate the suggestion!

Clare you will like this much better. I tried Scrivner had it didn’t work for me. Shaxpir you can rearrange things cut and paste. I use folders and chapters its easy to switch or move them around to fit your book. the only problem I have had recently is syncing I think they have finally figured it out and have not had any problems of late. I know people who swear by the other this is so much easier to work with I like the fact you can place a picture with each one or chapter whichever works